Most existing legacy B&G equipment, navigation instruments and onboard electronics equipment can be repaired.
- We can repair all B&G instrument processors, sensors and displays from current products (WTP3 & H5000) back through WTP2, H3000, H2000, Hydra, ACP2 pilots and of course all the wind sensors for these systems (B&G WS Series, 213 wind sensors & Network).
- Subject to condition and spare parts availability.
- Send in your defective equipment for assessment and quotation.
- Many obsolete parts are held, have been re-tooled or workarounds found.
- Service department has been established for over 25 years and is highly regarded as the best in the world.
- Tinley Marine Electronics, our sister company, ran the official worldwide service department for B&G, Brookes and Gatehouse, Navico, Stowe Marine and Yeoman Plotters. We use the same team of engineers and tools.
- 12 month warranty on repairs and spares.
- New range of A+T products compatible with existing systems.
- A+T equipment can be serviced and repaired when not covered by warranty.
How to send in your equipment for service and repair
- Please include your contact details and a brief description of the fault(s).
- Ship equipment to Repairs, A+T Instruments Ltd, 235 Bentley Way, Lymington, Hampshire SO41 8JW – we suggest using an insured courier such as UPS.
- We will contact you to confirm receipt of the equipment.
- IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE THE UK - so as of 1/1/2021 INCLUDING EU, CHANNEL ISLANDS AND GIBRALTAR:
Please DO NOT declare new replacement values for customs purposes for repairs. We recommend using our commercial invoice, please download here, fill in all grey areas and hand to courier or attach to outside of box in clear document wallet. Please do not hide invoice inside box! If you wish to use a different invoice, then please use Harmonised Commodity Code ‘9014 90 0000 – spares for navigation instruments & appliances’. Since the declared value for customs is subjective on faulty second hand equipment, please enter a value of £15 GBP or less and mark as RETURNING FOR REPAIR – NO COMMERCIAL VALUE. Please add zero value for freight costs and insurance, since you are paying these and not charging them to us. Please tick ‘sender pays all taxes and duties’ on waybill. Please note that unfortunately we will charge duty and administration charges if these instructions are not adhered to. Do however declare the replacement value as the insured value.
How repairs are charged
- You will receive a quotation once your equipment has been assessed.
- Please note that all goods returned for repair will be subject to a one hour (£105.00 + VAT) minimum charge to cover inspection and administration costs.
- If you choose to scrap the unit and not proceed with the repair there will be no charge.
- Payment must be made before the collection of any repaired goods.